Friday, July 17, 2015

The Vampire Slayer. Yes, That One

One of the best times in my life was when my parents started to let me watch slightly more adult-themed films and television that began shaping my brain. I quickly made a long, on-going list in my head of simply bad-ass women characters I desperately wanted to become (among these included but were not limited to: Stephanie Zinone, Grease 2; Veronica Sawyer, Heathers; Alex Munday, the 2000 movie Charlies Angels; etc.).

However, from among my most favorite and most important of these women is Buffy Summers, from Joss Whedon's Buffy The Vampire Slayer series. 


When my mom was a huge pregnant woman with me hanging out in her belly, she has expressed to me that this was by far her favorite show at the time. We have all the seasons on DVD (as well as Angel) sitting on a shelf in the house to prove it. Buffy and the rest of the Scooby Gang are some of if not THE best characters to have ever graced my television screen. Buffy in almost every episode is asked to save the world. She goes through really everything you could imagine with those closest to her, in the most graceful way, all while kicking major ass. How could anyone ever forget some of the scariest creatures created in season four's "Hush"? And I still remember all the words to the songs in the song and dance episode ("Once More With Feeling," I think...don't quote me on that) later in the series.

I also can't not mention how amazingly fantastically gorgeous Sarah Michelle Gellar is. And do you know what I would do to have Buffy's wardrobe?

She truly is one of the strongest and most memorable female cultural icons of the 90s-00s. Her attitude is how I want to live my life.

Also you can:
Follow my blog with Bloglovin